Industrial Disease Claims Personal Injury Solicitors

Dangers of excessive noise at work

Excessive noise in the work place can cause a multitude of problems, it can:

• Cause loss of hearing.

• Increase the risk of work related stress.

• Cause more accidents by masking warning signals.

• Make communicating in the workplace difficult therefore increasing the risk of an accident occurring.

• Impact on the cardiovascular system and increase blood pressure.

• Have psychological side effects for certain employees.

If you are suffering from any industrial diseases – not just noise induced hearing loss – it is possible to start a personal injury claim.

If you believe you have been affected by noise in the workplace, it is extremely important that you contact a team of specialist industrial disease claim specialists. A reputable firm of industrial disease solicitors will be able to offer you accurate legal advice about your eligibility to pursue compensation if your employment conditions are the cause of your hearing loss.

Industrial disease claims, the action that is taken in the pursuit of industrial deafness compensation, are relatively straightforward for the client to undertake. You simply have to provide your solicitor with the details of your hearing loss and the employment you believe to be responsible for this. From there, your solicitor will do the necessary investigations and, most likely, send you for a hearing test.

Industrial disease claims – are they still 100% no win no fee? Yes, although they are no longer 100% compensation. Since the reforms were introduced in April 2013, it is no longer possible for any law firm to offer 100% compensation for any personal injury cases. Even RTA, work accident and public liability claims are now no longer 100% compensation.

There is an alternative to making a compensation claim; you may qualify to receive Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit from the government if you are ill or disabled because of your working conditions.

Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit: technical guide

You may qualify to receive IIDB if you are ill or disabled from an accident or disease caused by work or if your injuries were sustained whilst you were on an approved employment training course or scheme.

The level of disability or impairment you have will affect the amount you receive from the government. A medical advisor will assess your disability on a scale of 1% to 10%. Generally, you must be over 14% disabled to receive the benefit.

In order to receive IIDB, you must have been employed when the accident or event occurred that led to your disablement. IIBD covers a range of injuries and illnesses such as deafness, chronic bronchitis and emphysema.

You can apply for IIDB by downloading a form from the government website or by phoning the benefits claim line.

Previous post Types of Future Interests
Next post Triple Talaq and Indian Muslims